Sunday, March 22, 2009

UFC Fight Night Condit vs. Kampmann


The next UFC event scheduled is a Fight Night event featuring Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann. The event is scheduled for April 1st and will air live from the Sommet Center in Nasville on Spike TV at 8:00 ET.

I think that this is a very exciting card especially for a Fight Night event. It features many well known UFC names as well as some up and comers. Here are some of my predictions for the card...

Main Event

Martin Kampmann vs Carlos Condit

I must say I am a little bit biased because I have always been a huge Martin Kampmann fan and his submission win over Drew McFedries (link) still ranks as one of my favorite fights of all time.

Kampmann boasts a 5-1 overall record in the UFC with his only lost coming from Middleweight title contender Nate Marquardt. This will be Kampmann's second fight since moving dropping down to the welterweight division. So far the cut has served 'the hitman' very well, he won his debut at 170 against Alexandre Barros at UFC 93 via TKO. He has exceptional Standup ( a former Danish Thai Boxing Champion) but is also dangerous on the ground, with 3 of his 5 UFC wins coming by way of submission. Condit also has the advantage of Training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, which has many distinguished fighters, known for their strategic fight plans.

Carlos Condit is making his UFC debut, with an overall mma record of 23-4, including a 5-0 record in UFC's sister promotion WEC. Carlos was the final WEC welter weight Champion before the organization eliminated the division. He is known for finishing hiw fights with none of his 23 victories going to the judges scorecards. Like Kampmann he has proven himself to be a well rounded fighter with 10 of his victories due to strikes and 13 by way of submission.

Condit has clearly not been facing the same level of competition, which leaves some to question his ability. However I believe that he does belong in the UFC, the only question is, will be ready to face a rising star like Kampmann. I think that Kampmann will dominate the standup, and after wearing Condit down in the first, will finish the fight via TKO in the 2nd. However if the fight goes to the ground I give the adv. to Condit and think that he could possibly pull off a submission win.

I will continue this post with more predictions later, for now I have to work on a group project for class.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm just confused as to what this has to do with technology.

    ReplyDelete

UFC